Ashes of Creation is one of the new MMORPG being developed. To have a bit of an idea about the game, here is what you need to know about castles. However, take note that everything is subjected to change since the game is still in its early developments.
General Information about Castles:
– Five (5) guild castles will exist within the world.
– Each of the castles includes a ⅕th of the in-game world. Castle region boundaries are static and pre-defined by the game.
– Every node will pay tax toward a castle but it depends on what region the castle falls on.
– Tax revenue is partly for castle and node development. Whatever is left is for the guild in power.
– Every guild castle will have three (3) adjacent nodes under its control.
– Three (3) nodes will exist in each castle and they are not affected by any changes or restrictions within the normal node system.
– There are no governments, player housing, influence, or citizenship.
– The nodes can’t exceed the village stage which is the Stage 3 development.
– Will always be a military type.
– The nodes can be levelled through questing but only by owning a guild or allied guild. Additional functions and services useful to the guild as well as castle defences can be unlocked through quests.
– Nodes must be developed to enhance castle defenses. It is vital for it may affect the castle’s ability to retain control when it comes to being seized.
– They are flying mounts with PvP focused abilities such as AoE breath attacks.
– It can only be summoned during a castle siege. The guild leader of a castle can yield the use of flying undermounts (such as wyrmlings) to guild officers during a castle onslaught.
– The number of undermounts during siege depends on castle node progress that has successfully advanced and established by the guild.
– 1 node completed = 1 undermount
– 2 nodes completed = 1 + 2 = 3 undermounts
– 3 nodes completed = 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 undermounts
– The undermounts will be available to the defenders of the castle during a siege. However, it is still subjected to change during testing.
– Guilds participate in Castle sieges in an effort to capture and occupy one of the five guild castles in Ashes of Creation.
– It is a player activated event where an attacking force will overthrow the current guild in power.
– The minimum goal is for 250×250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500×500 over time.
– Only one siege is possible per month per castle.
– In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle, they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to the Village stage through questing.
– The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the chance to lay down their flag of declaration or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
00:10 Castle Overview
00:47 Castle Nodes
02:57 Castle Sieges